It’s the time of the year that everyone has zucchini and everyone is looking for recipes to use those zucchini’s. I have found a new that we are enjoying and I will share with you.
3 cups of chopped zucchini
¼ cup skim milk
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
¾ cup chopped onion
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 cup Bisquick
½ tsp. seasoning salt
½ tsp. crushed garlic
1/8 tsp pepper
I sprinkle parmesan cheese on top before baking.
Mix ingredients together and put into a well- greased 9”x12” pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
I am so happy to see the sun come out at 1:00 pm. It seemed like it was going to be another cloudy, dull day.
I am having a productive day. I have made 6 loaves of cinnamon/raisin bread and I have 2 zucchini loaves nearly ready to come out of the oven. It smells heavenly in my kitchen. I was really not in the mood to do this much baking, but some of the zucchinis were starting to show signs of rot, so it was time to clean them and grate them up for loaves.
I want to share some resent projects with you. I know I am a year or two behind all of you, but I just learned how to knit those frilly scarves. I am not good at knitting anything, but these are so fun and forgiving if you make a mistake. I will make more for Christmas gifts. Then I would like to learn how to knit socks for my husband.
The other one I will share with you today is a project from our quilt guild. 15 members decided to do a ‘coffee can’ project. We each put a fat quarter of fabric in a coffee can along with a theme of what we wanted our quilt to be. Each month we got a different can and had to make a block, including some of the fat quarter from inside. There were various sizes of blocks we could chose to make. You did not see your can until after the blocks were all made. After the reveal, you took your can home with the blocks and then the real challenge began…. to make them into a quilt. My theme was stars and I was so happy with the blocks sewn by my friends. And a challenge it was!. After 3 days of laying out blocks, shifting them about and figuring out how to add sashings to separate them, I finally was able to sew my top. It still needs to be sandwiched and quilted, but I am pretty happy with the final result.
Have a great day, Darlene